Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How does the automatic parking system work?
The principle is much like that of a car wash. The customer drives onto a pallet and a photoelectric sensor measures its dimensions. Then the pallet and car are conveyed on rails to a free spot. This is like a high-bay storage system.
- 2. What does automatic mean?
After dropping off their vehicles, users leave the transfer room. From then on, the parking process is fully automatic.
- 3. What does mechanical/semi-automatic mean?
With these systems, users park their vehicles in their own parking spaces. There is no central transfer room. Instead, all of the parking spaces are accessible.
- 4. What do users have to do?
Users park their vehicles on a pallet with recessed tracks in a transfer room. They are guided by a display with pictograms.
- 5. Does someone drive my car in the system?
Your vehicle is moved indirectly with the help of the pallet. No one has direct access to it.
- 6. How long do I have to wait?
The average waiting time for picking up a vehicle is two minutes. The time can vary depending on the type of system.
- 7. Can my vehicle be damaged?
Your vehicle is securely positioned on the pallet and is not touched during parking. It is protected from damage, weather effects and theft.
- 8. Can I park my motorcycle in the system?
We have special supports for parking motorcycles on a pallet.
- 9. Can all vehicles fit in the system?
The maximum vehicle dimensions are 2.17 m x 5.25 m x 2.00 m (W x L x H), but we can consider special requests.
- 10. Is there a way to charge electric vehicles?
Charging stations can be integrated into the system.
- 11. Where can the system be installed?
Our automatic parking systems can be installed both underground and above ground. They can also be combined in one building or installed as separate units.
- 12. How reliable are the systems?
With more than 2,000 fully automatic storage systems installed worldwide, we have the experience to ensure reliable operation.
- 13. Will the parking system work if there is a power failure?
The system is electrically operated and therefore requires a continuous power supply. If the supply is uncertain in a certain area, an emergency power supply can be added.
- 14. Are special inspections necessary?
Our systems are serviced and cleaned each year, and they are checked by the German technical inspection agency TÜV.
- 15. How long can an automatic parking system operate?
Our oldest parking system has been operating for more than 20 years. Our systems have achieved more than one million cycles without any trouble.
- 16. What is the price of one parking space?
The price starts at 15,000 euros, assuming an optimum relationship between the number of spaces and the capacity of the storage and retrieval unit.
- 17. What are the advantages of an automatic system over a conventional above-ground or underground car park?
Automatic systems can park cars closer together and they accommodate more cars in a given height. Thus they make better use of volume. In addition, the transfer rooms provide generous space, and there is no need to manoeuvre or hunt for a parking space.
- 18. What system can be used if there is not enough space for an access ramp?
The compact LP (longitudinal parking) system was designed for narrow, limited spaces. The longitudinal configuration reduces the width requirement. The system can fit in where narrow rows of buildings are being refurbished or in small spaces between existing buildings.
- 19. What system is best for large structures with a high throughput?
The SP (shuttle parking) system.
A combination of vertical and horizontal transport systems facilitates high turnover. Separate longitudinal and lifting movements in the SP car parking system enable several processes to be carried out simultaneously. Together with the quick-change system for vehicle pallets, this results in highly efficient parking solutions. Waiting times are reduced to about two minutes.
- 20. Is there a limit to the number of parking spaces? How large can an automatic car park be?
Our systems have a modular design, so the total number of parking spaces can be as large as necessary.
However, depending on the system we recommend planning for a volume of 60 to 100 parking spaces per module.
- 21. Do automatic car parks always have to be big?
No. We have even built a compact garage for six cars. This was for an exclusive villa. The system was ideally equipped and had a footprint of 44 m².